An autograph collection going digital

Contact us






Christopher Lee
Actor

As I've said before, Christopher Lee is my all time favorite actor. I grew up watching him in Hammer films, and continue to see just about every movie that comes out that he is in. The first photo, an 8x10 signed in green marker, is an old "Christopher Lee International Fan Club"photo from the 1970s. Mr. Lee signed a ton of these in the day, and it still has the fan club sticker with it. A few years ago, when he had the store up on his website, he had a few of these from the 70s still for sale. The signature on this on is in good shape, although the photo itself shows numerous minor creases. The second is a 4x6 signed in blue sharpie, and is in mint condition. It was signed during the late 1980s. You might notice that the signatures look a bit different. Although Mr. Lee has a very consistent signature, people signatures change over time. One of the most different Christopher Lee signatures I've ever seen was in a copy of Dracula owned by Forrest J Ackerman. That particular example showed some commonalities with the green marker signature, along with some features I haven't seen in other examples. Below are signatures of Mr. Lee from my collection, arranged (approximate) date signed from the 1970s example in this post to the 1999 example from my copy of Mr. Lee's autobiography.