An autograph collection going digital

Contact us


5x7 photo signed in black marker. I sent a letter and a photo to Mr. Williams in April 2013, and received this back in the mail this morning. I've been a fan of Mr. Williams' music for a long time - the first album I ever bought was "By Request: The Best of John Williams and The Boston Pops" on cassette. I played it so often that I wore it out. I replaced it with a CD (the first music CD I ever purchased), and eventually wore that copy out as well. Now I'm on my third copy of the album. Since it's on my iPod now, hopefully I won't wear it out again. I had the chance to see Mr. Williams conduct the Boston Pops in June 2013, but unfortunately didn't have the opportunity to meet him afterward. I wanted to have a chance to speak with him, not just because I love his music, but because I'm friends with a former student of his who was my accompanist throughout undergrad while I was working on my music degree. Hopefully I'll have the chance to see him conduct again sometime soon.

0 comments :

Post a Comment